Billing Associate – Payments – Business Office
Well-established, large group of subspecialty trained radiologist business office is seeking a motivated, full-time Billing Associate on our Payment Posting team to assist in processing patient and insurance payments.
Advanced Medical Imaging Consultants (AMIC) is a dynamic, private practice radiology group, headquartered in Fort Collins, Colorado, with more than 35 subspecialty-trained radiologists. For over 40 years we have provided quality service and have deep ties to the communities of Northern Colorado, Wyoming, and Western Nebraska through both on-site coverage and teleradiology services.
FT, entry level Billing Associate position available! Great opportunity with growing company and excellent benefits! Full time, Monday – Friday with benefits!
Requires professional individual with strong computer skills. Must be detail oriented, organized, flexible, and a fast learner. Strong keyboarding and 10-key skills required.
- Responsible for accurate and efficient patient billing. May include processing of patient and insurance payments, denials, and/or appeals.
- Understand payment posting and allocation process.
- Proficient use of Imagine, Microsoft Word, Excel & the internet payor websites.
- Understanding of contracts and carriers and the appropriate use of each.
- Scan and link source documents as needed; note accounts as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to increase accuracy and efficiencies.
- Actively work to streamline the departmental processes to improve efficiency.
- Interact with staff at all levels of the organization in a positive, courteous, and professional manner.
- Ability to sit 6 – 8 hours per day entering data on PC.
- Occasional stress during deadline periods.
- Medical Terminology helpful
- All healthcare information must be handled confidentially per HIPAA regulations.
- Must be a team player and interact with all staff in a courteous and professional manner.